Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Texas Forever!



 

   Alison turned the big 30 today!  For her birthday I went to Texas to play with her for a long weekend.  Thursday after work I flew to Texas and Alison picked me up from the airport.  It was super late but when we got back to their apartment Alison and I stayed up all night talking and catching up.  We stayed up until around 6 AM.  That's just silly.  I haven't done that in ages but it was a blast.
  Friday we slept in then went to Torchy's for tacos with Tyler.  They were "Damn Good" tacos!  After we went back and took a nap due to the sleep deprivation from the night before.  I woke up and went for a little walk around their apartment complex and over to the little library right next to them.  Later that night we stayed in and watched a movie and had dinner.  Alison made this amazing pizza rolls.
  Saturday we got up and got the famous Round Rock Donuts then we had lunch at a BBQ joint called Rudy's.  It was a super fun place and was attached to a gas station.  It was exactly as I would have imagined Texas.  We then headed to down town Austin for some window shopping.  The main street, Congress, has lots of cute little shops, vendors on the street and mobile food trucks.  Austin has a fun vibe to it and would be a fun city to live in.
   Sunday was church, food, games and a quick stop at the San Antonio Temple grounds before our goodbyes. Paul and I really miss them but are happy that they are on a new adventure.  Texas Forever!



1 comment:

  1. Big Buddha Belly - I love it!!

    P.S. the guy didn't buy my laptop...whaaat! so annoying.


    TEXAS FOREVER!

    ReplyDelete