Friday, June 8, 2012

Blood Friends

Many years ago I made a list of 100 things I wanted to do before I died. Paul and I found this list over a year ago and quickly forgot about it. Then we found it again last night and I told him he had two choices. He was either going toilet papering with me or becoming my blood friend. Paul chose the later. Why this was on my list I'll never know but I am glad it was.  I cleaned a needle from my sewing kit and tried pricking my finger. After a few minutes I still couldn't and Paul was saying I needed to push harder and instructing me like a professional pricker. Then when it was his turn it took even longer. We said a few words, as if we were kids in a treehouse, touched our blood and laughed. It was super funny and just another reminder of why I married Paul. He is not only my best friend but now he is also my blood friend.



2 comments:

  1. girl you got to use a pocket knife!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what I told Paul and cut across our palms but he put his foot down.

    ReplyDelete