On Saturday Jen invited us to tag along with them to Mount Charleston for their Ward picnic. We went for a hike with The Hill's, minus Alexis, and another cute little family. It wasn't very hard but it was really fun. Paul went and explored a bit by himself but was good and didn't do anything too dangerous. As we were hiking back down I saw a cactus with flowers and thought it was so pretty. It was the only vibrant color out there. Paul got real close to it so I told him to kiss it for good luck. I think that picture is so darn cute.
After the hike we headed to a camp site where dinner was almost ready. Paul and I tried flying kites but there wasn't quite enough wind to really get them going. Dinner was surprisingly good and we had the best peanut butter and chocolate bars ever. Then Paul finished off the orange jello salad so Jen could pack it up. Thank goodness for weird Mormon sides. The rest of the night Paul and I played cards, read and played scoop ball.
It was so much fun to go out and explore and get out of the city for a bit. As much as I do miss working at the Temple I have really been loving our Saturday adventures.
No comments:
Post a Comment