Sunday, July 21, 2013

Catalina



   My parents had decided a few years ago that once my grandma's house sold they would take those funds and take my whole family on a vacation.  After much planning and re planning they landed on a four day cruise to Catalina and Ensenada.
   Because I am too far along in my pregnancy Paul and I were not able to go on the cruise but we were able to make it over to Catalina and spent the whole day with my family.  

 


   We met up with most of the family and hung out on the beach until lunch.  Once at lunch the rest of the family met up so we could all eat together.  It was pretty great to have all of us together even if just for a bit.  We ate at a pizzeria and had an experience of a life time when I ordered a veggie pizza.  This veggie pizza was unlike any one I have ever had.  Instead of peppers, artichoke hearts, mushrooms and other typical pizza toppings this pizza had zucchini and carrots on it.  It was GROSS!  Besides that particular pizza it was a good lunch and lots of fun.
   After lunch Paul and I went kayaking with Ryan and his family.  I was a little worried about how I would do being seven months pregnant but wanted to give it a go anyway.  To start off as I slowly got into the kayak the man helping us asked if I wanted him to push me down in the boat to sit me down faster.  I politely said no thank you and took my time.  Once in he pushed us out into the water at and angle and immediately I knew we were in trouble.  We fell right in and I started to freak out.  Once I calmed down and laughed at how silly I was being we made it back to the dock and launched off again with out any problems.  It was tiring but fun and worth it.  I felt bad Paul had to do most of the work but we had fun and it was good to get out on the water for awhile.

     After kayaking we headed back to the beach and spent the rest of the day playing with the kids.
  Once everyone left to go back to the cruise boat Paul and I had about 30 minutes before we had to load our ferry so we walked around and looked into a few shops before heading back.  It was a great little trip and fun to be able to spend the day with the family.
       One of my favorite parts of the day was when the kids all decided to bury Emily in the sand.  All the kids were gathered around her and started piling on the dirt as Emily was laughing it up.  She was loving it so much that once the kids started to slow down she started pulling dirt in too to help cover herself more.  It was the cutest thing.
   My family can be a little crazy and overbearing at times but I sure do love them and am lucky to have them.

1 comment:

  1. Kayaking looks so fun. I'm glad you guys still got to participate with the family fun, even though you weren't able to go on the cruise!

    ReplyDelete