We normally don't go all out for birthdays but because I was turning 30 we decided why not, which is awesome because we now are going to do large birthdays for every decade. I like the idea and think it will be a good little family tradition for us and our kids. Saturday the 12th we got new carpet! We have been needing new carpet so bad plus it gave us an excuse to have to clean up and go through half of our house. I was surprised how much had collected in 4 short years. Jude and I also met up with the Sokols and Hills to swim. It was Jude's first time and he loved it. I think he is so cute in his little swim trunks and pale skin so it made me happy.
Sunday was good too cause we had the Sokols over for Brinner and went for a walk before going to Ryan's for The Amazing Race.
Monday we went swimming again but Paul was able to come this time which made it even better. Then all the ladies in my family met up for a girls night. It was kicked off with too much Chinese food and ended with deep fired oreos and red moon watching with all of our husbands. I guess we are pretty lame.
Tuesday we all met up and had Easter at the Hills and dinner which was a lot of fun. I am glad they Sokols were in town for Easter cause they made the hunt a lot more exciting. Having younger kids around during the holidays makes everything a little better.
After the Easter celebration Jen was kind enough to watch Jude so Paul and I could go see Lorde. She put on an amazing show and opened with my favorite song of hers, Glory and Gore. Lorde was so gracious and excited to be able to travel and meet all different types of people thanks to her job. That made me like her even more plus the girl can jam and at the end she came out in this awesome gold gown which I now want so I can lounge around the house in it. We ended the night with cheap breakfast with the Sokols. It was a busy but fun day.


Wednesday we relaxed and just had family time with the three of us until later that night when we went to play games with our good friends the Isbells and Seymours. After gaming for a couple hours we left Jude asleep at the Isbells so we could go jump off the Stratosphere. They have a deck you can jump off of and free fall for about 850 feet. I am super scared of heights and wanted to do something I never would have imagined doing. Paul wasn't able to jump cause his broken bone was too recent. It was a bummer but I still had a good time. I was so scared but proud of myself that I did it. Jumping off the ledge was the scariest part. Once free falling it really wasn't bad. I was totally fine and didn't scream or anything. Well that is until I landed and saw Paul at the bottom. He asked how it was and suddenly all the emotion came out and I started to shake and cry. It was only a second but it was funny that I reacted after the fact. Turning 30 wasn't really sad or anything to me so I wanted to celebrate and I am glad Paul talked me into jumping. Now whenever I see the Stratosphere I feel a sense of pride that I overcame a fear. 
Thursday was my actual birthday so we slept in before going out of town. We headed up to Hurricane for the rest of the week to spend time with Paul's mom and brother. When we first got there we threw knives and shot bows and arrows. It was super fun and felt like a small town thing to do. Later that night we had Durango's which is my favorite restaurant there then played games until super late when Paul's baby brother told us that he and his friends go to Little Ceasear's at closing time and get pizza off the top of the trash. It was super ghetto but funny and the pizza was totally still good and right on top in the boxes. He tried to get us to go again later in the week and we had to explain it was a one time thing but totally fun. I love Hurricane.
Friday we were lazy, hung out around town, played games and watched movies. Jude and I went for a mini walk while Paul and Kevin rode dirt bikes. Hurricane really is so pretty. Paul's mom bought us Smart A$$ and Pandemic for our birthdays after we went to dinner where Paul and I sang karaoke. We sang Hey Jude! It was so bad cause I am the worse singer ever but I still thought it was fun.Saturday we went hiking in Zion. It was perfect weather and so beautiful. It was Paul's first time there and we had such a good time. We went with Paul's mom, brother and two of his cousins. It was so fun and we ended the hike with a picnic before stopping at this little western place on the way home for ice cream. It was the cutest little place.
When we got back we all got cleaned up had dinner and colored eggs. I may or may not have also put a baby girl doll's headband on Jude. Don't worry though I will just tell him he had a twin sister. After putting Jude to bed we played games again and watched Monsters University.
Sunday was Easter and we went to church before a big Easter dinner at Paul's Aunt's house. It was great to feel the spirit, think of great blessings that came from Christ's resurrection and be with family. It wasn't a perfect week but it was pretty darn close. I am one lucky girl! Well I guess woman now.





No comments:
Post a Comment