Monday, February 13, 2012

Deep In The Heart of Texas!

    I have now been to Texas.  After years of wanting to go to Texas,after watching things such as Friday Night Lights and Whip It, I can now say I have. 
    Last week I went to go visit my good friend Cheryl Harden.  To the left is her with her family.  Cheryl and I became friends while attending the singles ward. We are an odd match but somehow it works.  Her husband John and I use to hang out with a lot of the same people and I actually set them up.  They have now been married for a few years and have twin boys Maverick and Brody that are about a year and a half old.  They are the cutest little things and pretty good babies.
    Anyway Cheryl moved down to Texas just over a year ago so when I got the opportunity to go and visit I did.   I was there for just a few days but we had a lot of fun and got to catch up on each others lives.  While there I was able to try a few new really good restaurants and go to a clothing/accessories store that Cheryl really likes.  I got a new shirt that I love and a necklace and watch.  I need to try to wear more jewelery sometimes.  Anyway, it was a great trip and so fun to get to play with Cheryl and her two precious boys.  Hopefully I can go down there again sometime so that we can keep in touch.
    The trip was great but I really missed Paul.  I think it was the longest we have been apart since we started dating.  Anyway when I came sown the escalators Paul was holding a sign that said Jolynn "Baby Face" Tatum.  When we got home there where calla lilies and girl scout cookies waiting for me.  He is so sweet and seriously the best.  All the laundry was done, dishes clean and put away, and the whole house including the floors were clean.  I am so lucky to have such a great husband.  It made coming home easy and relaxing cause I didn't feel like I needed to play catch up.  Overall it was a fabulous last few days.  Now back to the grind.

No comments:

Post a Comment