Thursday, February 16, 2012

Viva Amor!


   For Valentines Day I came home after work to dinner just minutes from being ready to eat.  I had picked up the steaks from the store for Paul the day before but when I came home Paul had dinner ready.  Steaks, potatoes, and a garden salad.  We also had some sparkling cider left over  from Christmas that we had a sip of.  It is funny how gross that stuff is. I was really thankful for it and it was super nice not to cook and to be able to relax and eat when I got home. 

   After dinner I gave Paul his gift.  He is so silly that he opened it and had me take a picture before even looking at it.  Hence the fake excitement.  It took Paul a second but then he realized what it was.  It is the lyrics to our wedding song, Into the Dark by Death Cab for Cutie, cut in the silloute of a tree with two hearts hanging from it.  One says P and the other says J. Just something fun to put in our room. 

   After dinner I headed to mutual as Paul got some homework done.  For mutual we had the girls bring a dozen cookies each and we made cards and hearts to secretley deliver to some of the less active girls in our ward.  Once we were done we broke up into two groups to deliver them.  It was a blast and the girls loved it.  They were laughing and giggling the whole time.  It was fun!
After mutual Paul and I headed to Viva Elvis at Aria.  It is one of the newer Cirque du Soleil shows in Las Vegas. We hadn't heard great things about it but got a really good deal on the tickets so we thought it would be worth seeing for ourselves and it was.  We thought it was a really good show.  Paul even said it might be one of his favorites..  We enjoyed it and now need to bust out some of my old Elvis CD's.  Overall it was a great day and I was glad to be able to spend it with my best friend.

1 comment: