Paul and I started our Labor Day weekend a little early. I got off of work around noon and we headed out of town about an hour later. By the afternoon we were in Hurricane enjoying Peach Days. We got to visit with Paul's mom and brother for a little but the highlights were the free funnel cake Paul's cousin Paul made for us, which was the best I have ever had, and the old belly dancers dancing to Nickelback, who is one of the worst bands ever.
After Hurricane we went up the mountain and made it to the cabin before it got dark. It was nice to have a few hours with just the Sokols before the rest of the gang showed up. It was a great weekend with lots of games, food and good times. The new favorite game was one of the Sokol's, Category 5. Paul and I also had Red take a few pictures of us because we haven't had any done since we got married.
After the long weekend we headed home and stopped be McDonald's for chocolate dipped cones to break up the trip. The play area had these cute tables and fun chairs. Oh the joys I find in the little things. Overall it was a great trip and lots of fun. I would call it a successful Labor Day Weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment