FRIDAY night Summer was in town. She had to work all day until ten so we hung out from about 10:30 PM to 2:00 AM. It was great to see her and get caught up on her life. Summer is such an amazing person and over the years has become a dear friend. We ate at Firefly's and talked for hours. Summer has been loving life in SLC working for a non profit organization.
SATURDAY I had my second interview at World Market and got the job. I will be working a few nights a week and Saturdays. I love this store and am supper excited about getting a bit more money and keeping busier for a few months. Also the discount doesn't hurt. The great thing is if I hate it I can just quit but I highly doubt that will be the case. After that Paul and I went to see my parent get released from their mission to Cove Fort. It was great to hear their testimonies and see how much they loved their mission. I can't wait until Paul and I can go. We then headed to a wedding of one of Paul's friends from Wells Fargo. We were glad we were seated with his friends and had a great time. After the wedding we met up with Jack and Jeff and hot tubed for a bit. It was a busy but super fun day and we were glad we could do so much.
SUNDAY we had Stake Conference then Chad and Lindsie were in town and stop by for a few hours. They were in town cause they had a wedding in Utah then stayed in Vegas to celebrate their 3 year anniversary. I was super glad that we got to visit and see them. I felt bad for Paul though cause he didn't get a his Sunday nap. While they were over Dianna came over too. After Chad and Lindsie left we had dinner then the three of us went to a fireside with Brandon Flowers from The Killers. It was a weird fireside cause it was outside and people clapped after testimonies but it was good. His wife's testimony really touched my heart and hearing her conversion story was awesome. Brandon did a good job as well and talked about getting reactivated and how he was glad he was not a "causality of rock." He shared his thought process on a couple of songs and about how he writes. Paul ate it up. We then raced over to watch the last bit of Amazing Race and have snacks. It was a super busy weekend and I didn't get my cleaning, laundry or other things done but it worth it.
Crazy busy weekend, dude! It sounds like it was a lot of fun. The fireside would have been way cool - wish we could have been there! And congrats on the new job :) I'm sure it will be so fun - I love World Market!!
ReplyDelete