Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Mine, Ours & His





MINE:  Christmas morning Paul & I woke up and went over to my parents.  We had a fabulous breakfast, cooked eggs and all, before starting the festivities.  After eating we all headed into the living room .  Mom and Dad made blankets for all the grandchildren and pens for all the kids made from wood from The Fort. They were very thoughtful gifts, although I wont complain about the check we got the week before either.  Then we did the cousin exchange followed by the sibling exchange.  Paul had Ryan and I had Red.  Paul tried to do an innocente on Ryan but he didn't really fall for it but we think maybe some of the others might have so it was worth it.  Paul wrote him a note explaining we had ran out of money and would get him a gift as soon as we got paid.  Everyone in my family thinks were ghetto so we thought it might work.  Anyway I had Red and Red had me.  We both just got each other things on of our lists.  Which is good cause it's what we want/need anyway.  Bo had Paul and got him a book that is an epic poem.  Paul was super excited although I still can't figure out why.  We have such different taste sometimes.  Mom got a camera and a pan she has been wanting and Dad got life jackets, gift cards and a few other things.  One of the best parts was looking through the awesome calender Red made for my Mom and Nanna.  It came out so nice and is perfect for them.  That and Nanna wearing a life jacket were the highlights.  I love that woman.  She can be a grouchy as they come at times but moments like this make up for it.  Overall it was a fabulous Christmas morning. 









OURS:  Paul and I decided to do our Christmas a little later.  We had a house full of guest and waited until after my family's Christmas to do our own so we could have the house to ourselves for a few hours.  Paul got an art kit from Santa along with a few penguin thing, toys and candy in his stocking.  I got the cutest shoes and in my stocking cole and a flying pig from Santa.  I love my shoes so much and the flying pig is one of the funniest gifts I've ever gotten. Santa brought Stella a new bed and filled her stocking with balls for catch.  Santa really nailed it!  I got Paul a sketch a day journal, minimalist work shoes and a book Persepolis.  Paul got me a scrapbook  for all of our tickets and put all the concert, show, museum, etc. tickets in it and a book called 14,000 Things to Be Happy About.  I cried when I opened both gifts. They both were super perfect and thoughtful.  Then we took advantage of the empty house, aka lack of lots of people and crying babies, and took a much needed nap!  It was a perfect Christmas together. 






HIS:  After our nap we went over to Paul's Dad's house to do a little Christmas together before they all went out to eat.  They had set up Megan's little Christmas tree with all of her ornaments from when she was a kid. It was the cutest little thing.  Megan opened her gifts from Santa and Dad then we gave Dad a down mattress pad that he had been wanting.  Dad and Megan got us all gifts from cookies to the fun Beatles mugs.  They got Lily a globe that lights up and spins that she found very mesmerizing.  We were able to talk for a bit and catch up before they had to head out to dinner. It was a short but sweet.  Then tonight we will be doing a post Christmas gathering with Paul's Mom and little brother. It should be good stuff.  I am super excited that even though they couldn't make it for Christmas they were able to come down today to celebrate.  





MORE OF MINE:  Last night Paul & I also went out to dinner with my siblings and their significant others before the annual Christmas Ping Pong Tournament. 

1 comment:

  1. Looking at this picture....Jen married Lee's doppleganger, and Bo is dating Jen's. YUCK and YUCK.

    ReplyDelete