Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Paul & Jolynn's Day of Fun!

  Martin Luther King, Jr. Day was Monday so Paul not only didn't have student teaching but also didn't have work.  I thought why not get the day off too.  I requested it off and we were able to spend the day together although much of that time we were asleep it was a perfect day.
  We slept in until about 10:30 am and got up and made crepes.  I made mushroom, spinach and cheese filling while getting out nutella and jam as Paul made the crepes.  It was a delicious!
  We showered and then while talking fell asleep yet again.  It was a short nap but pretty hilarious cause about 5 minutes before we fell asleep again I asked Paul if he was still tired and he sad no not at all.  Too funny.  I think that with us both working a ton lately and staying up late it was much needed for us to rest.

 After we got up again and got ready we
had a quick lunch and headed over to The Venetian.  There is a Leonardo Da Vinci Exhibition called the Genius.  It is ending soon and Paul had wanted to go to so we decided to.  It had a few of Da Vinci's notebooks with his ideas and inventions.  They had built a few of them and explained how they were later developed into things that we use everyday.  They also had a replica of the Mona Lisa.  It was really fun and we enjoyed it.

  Afterward we headed home.  We decided to have a night in and order in some Thai food.  Paul and I have always wanted to order in food (besides pizza).   We started a movie and even had a visit from Paul's Dad, Grandma and Grandpa.  We took a break from the movie and had a great visit. It was great to see them and get caught up.  After we finished our movie, Trouble With a Curve, which was pretty bad and ate our Thai.  It was really good.  We got Won Tons, Pad See Ew and Pad Thai.
  It was a fabulous day and I am glad that Paul and I had the whole day to spend together.  Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment