This year I thought it would be fun to stay in for Valentine's Day and make a dinner for Paul. With working a second job I haven't been cooking as much so I thought it would be nice.
We invited Bo and his friend Abigail over as well. Before they got there Paul and I exchanged gifts. I got Paul workout underwear and a 1984 & Animal Farm combo book. Paul got me a picture frame and a book from my childhood I had told him about. We both loved our gifts. They were perfect.
Once Bo and Abigail got to our house we had some appetizers while I finished up cooking. We had freckled lemonade to drink and to eat salad, asparagus, stuffed tortellini and salmon. Bo doesn't like salmon so I also made rotisserie cornish game hen. It didn't cook all the way so we had to through it back in while we ate everything else. Besides the cornish game hen everything was really good and I was impressed I was able to get everything done. Well besides the hen.
After dinner we played a few games then had dessert. I found this apple snicker trifle. It was super good. I will most definitely make it again. After dessert we ended the night with an episode of Flight of the Conchords. It was a fun night and I was glad Paul and I were able to spend time together before he left town for the annual man trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment