Saturday, October 26, 2013

It's Great to Be Eight!



  On September 28th Vanessa's oldest son Noah was baptized.  I can't believe he is already eight!
  I remember the day he was born like yesterday.  I was flying from California to Spain for my mission.  I called Vanessa while in an airport cause I knew she would be having her first baby any day.  She told me that it would actually be later that day that she would be having her Noah.  I was so sad I couldn't be there even though I was so very happy with what I was doing and where I was going.  It blows my mind that has been eight years since that call.
  Then October 17th, Seth's actual birthday, my nephew Seth was also baptized.  I am so proud of him and the great  little man he is becoming.  He is so sweet and kind.
  Seth often wears bow ties to special occasions such as his baptism so Paul and Jude thought it only appropriate that they did too.  It was a great service and amazing to have so much family there to celebrate.
  The church has brought me all the best things in my life and I am thankful that many years ago I too made the decision to become a member.  I look forward to seeing all the great things that come to and from these two young men in the future.  I know I will be in awe.

1 comment: