Monday, March 19, 2012

Change, change, change....

   A couple of months after returning from my mission I was called by the Las Vegas Temple President, President Stucki, to be an ordinance worker.
   Due to my school and work schedule at the time the only shift that I could work on was the Saturday P.M. Shift. I felt extremely lucky that I was able to work at the Temple while I was young cause it is a rare occurrence. Most workers are older and retired and their schedules are more flexible allowing them to work more easily.
  I quickly made great friends and fell in love with working at the Temple. The sisters even tried to set me up with their inactive sons, which one was almost successful. The Temple President set my up with an Osmond that was a missionary as he served as Mission President. I even dated a boy for a while after having met his roommate in the Temple. A few of us single sisters started to go out to eat once a month after the Temple too. Just me and some old ladies. I loved it.
   After Paul and I met and decided to get married Paul put his name in as well to be a worker. Going to the Temple, with my at the time fiance, was great. It was nice not to have to go alone anymore and it kept us busy on Saturday nights so we didn't get in trouble. After getting married we just kept working and have been able to work together for about 2 1/2 years. We have felt so blessed.
   After multiple Presidents and coordinators we got a bomb dropped on us last week. The Temple Presidency has decided to change from 3 shifts on Saturday to 2 (that work every other week instead of every week). Making it impossible for Paul to continue working there. Paul works Saturdays and was already getting off early to get to the Temple by 4:00 P.M. in time for our shift to start. With the new schedule we would have to get there before 1:00 P.M. which doesn't work with his work schedule.
   With this change and after a lot of prayer and consideration Paul and I have decided that although it was fun while it lasted our time as ordinance workers has come to a very long pause. Probably a 25 year long pause until our future kids are 18. It is sad and will be a hard adjustment but I hope that our Temple attendance will increase with the changes. After having worked there for over 5 years I am scared of what my Saturdays will now be like but excited for some change.

1 comment:

  1. That's a bummer that you had to leave working at the Temple, but I'm sure it will be nice for you to have more flexibility and time on the weekends. Now you can go on trip's whenever you want! I think we need to plan a roadtrip to celebrate :)

    ReplyDelete