Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Surf & Chicken Turf

  Last night, thanks to my dear father-in-law, I saw Surf the Musical.  Paul is in the middle of doing jury duty so he couldn't make it but our friends Alison and Tyler came along for the ride.
  It was sub-par acting and lacked the greatness I would expect with such an amazing soundtrack to back it up.  I have always had a tender place in my heart for the Beach Boys as it was one of the few things my parents listened to besides country music.
   Bad wigs, real hair that looked like bad wigs, over dramatic acting, and some weird comic book alien scene left me wondering how they could go so wrong.  It is no surprised that after only six weeks the show is closing it's doors.
  Now don't get me wrong.  I had fun.  Mainly reenacting it for Paul after the show but non the less I had fun.  I love free things and will eagerly go to free shows no matter how cheesy they are.
  After the show Paul and I met up and went to Buffalo Wild Wings.  It was a super later dinner but sure hit the spot after a long day.  My bosses had given me a gift card a couple of weeks and it has been sponsoring our last few date nights.  It has been great but sadly ended today doing a little grocery shopping.  Anyway it made those wings even more sweet knowing we weren't paying for them.  We played the trivia game and left while in the lead.  Go team P & J!

No comments:

Post a Comment