Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Boulder City...



  Saturday we decided to head out to Boulder City for the afternoon.  It was nice to walk around and see a bit more of Boulder City than just simply driving through it.
  We decided that we would go look through a few antique shops and we had heard of a bookstore that we wanted to try to go to.  After a few antique shops we had a win it was a moose that was a salt and pepper shaker.  I thought it was super festive and so that was our buy of the day.
  After a few shops Paul was ready to go to the bookstore so we tried to go to where we thought it was and we couldn't find it.  I popped into a store and asked where it was and the lady told us it had just closed down.   Paul was a bit bummed and to pour salt in the wound it was turned into yet another antique shop.
  We decided to take a break and go to Grandma Daisy's for a treat.  We got an oreo candy apple and a birthday batter shake.  The shake obviously looked good to Jude cause as soon as we sat down he dipped his hand right into the whipped cream.  It was super cute.  The snacks were a great end to our time out there so we decided to head home.
  When we got back to town I took Paul to Barnes and Noble before going home cause I felt bad about him not getting to go to a bookstore in boulder.  He was, as always when in a bookstore, in heaven.
  It was a slow paced fun day that made me want to live in a small town. Especially as we drove through some of the perfect little neighborhoods that had the cutest homes.  Maybe someday we will live in a small town but I am just happy for now we love the community we live in and think it has that small town feel to it.






1 comment:

  1. I love the salt and pepper shaker, very cute! That last picture of Jude & Paul is funny. Boulder City is a cute little town, it would be fun to live there.

    ReplyDelete