FRIDAY: We started our weekend off by going to a ward activity on Friday night. It was a Minute to Win It Game Night. Our ward put a lot of work into this activity and it turned out great. When I got there to help decorate I saw that the price for the adult winner was Gestures. I have been wanting that game for over a year but think it is over priced so I refused to buy it, but win it that I could do! Well.. turns out I couldn't do that either. I got called up and had to try to get a cookie from my forehead to my mouth without touching it. I failed and was bummed to be out of the running to win the game. Paul got called up a few rounds later and I put the pressure on to ensure that he tried his hardest to win. He won the first and second round with no problem. One round was putting Vaseline on your noise and getting one cotton ball at a time in another bowl until you got six. The next round was putting pantyhose on your head with a ball at the end of one leg. You had to lean over and try to knock down bottles of water with your "trunk". Paul dominated in both and made it to the finals with a woman where they had to spin pennies in two liter bottles and rest them in a cup. You had to get three going all at the same time. Paul was a champ and won it all including the gestures!
SATURDAY: Paul got Saturday off so that we could watch General Conference together. It was so nice have so much time together. Conference was amazing as always and we loved so many of the talks. Elder Holland delivered as always and I was super impressed with some of the quorum of the seventy speakers. During one of the prayers I looked over to see this Paul making Pablo fold his arms and be reverent during the prayer. I guess it is officially time to start thinking about when we want to start a family or get a dog (more or less they're the same right?)
SUNDAY: After conference we headed over to Ryan's for dinner to celebrate Red's and Paul's birthdays. Before starting dinner Ryan gave us a demonstration on how to eat the Korean Barbecue that he had cooked. He had as all gather around the table to ensure that we ate all the meat and only left the three little bones left on the plate. We all got a kick out of it and the meat was worth the wait!
Later that night as we waited for the Amazing Race to start, which never did thanks to the stupid CMAs, the kids put on a skit about Red turning 39. Seth played Red and wore make up and a bra. The other kids had thrown a surprise party for her and gave her a heart attack. It was pretty funny but poor Seth will one day regret doing this for we will surely show his girlfriends these pictures. The play wasn't bad but nothing beats the Easter Play they did years ago. (the color red represents the blood of Jesus) Overall it was a great weekend. We may be crazy but we have a lot of fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment