Monday, May 13, 2013

Early Retirement

  Paul and I decided to take a little vacation.  Paul just finished school so we wanted to get out of town to take a break but not do anything too crazy due to a lack of funds and my ever so growing belly.
  We decided to head down south to Lake Havasu and to the Grand Canyon .  We knew nothing about Lake Havasu or what we would do there besides see London Bridge.  When I was a kid I made a list of 100 things I wanted to do and for some bazaar reason that I no longer remember as to why that made the list.  Paul has been helping me check off that list so that is where we ended up.
  Lake Havasu is an interesting place and unless you love the Lake, own a boat or are over the age of 60 I don't really understand it's appeal although that didn't stop of us from having a great time.





 Lake Havasu had a lot of small town shops and restaurants and a little Britain.  We asked the front desk woman what we should do while there and she suggested that we take a ferry across the lake to a casino for dinner.  it was a dinky place that was one story, had one restaurant and 3 tables.  It was super funny.  Paul played $5 after me begging him to which confirmed my belief that gambling is stupid and that I will never do it.
 One of my favorite things about the trip is that we took out a paddle boat.  And to make it even more perfect Paul was wearing his Captain Hammer t-shirt.  It was pretty fun even though I felt bad that Paul paddled 90% of the time cause I am lazy.  Another favorite thing was after much convincing, Paul did the water slide at our hotel.  I don't know why but swimming and watching Paul fly down that slide was so fun.



  But by far the best  part of our time in Lake Havasu was one night after a long day Paul and I were laying in bed and he was able to feel the baby kick for the first time.  It was cool to finally have him be able to experience that even if it was the tiniest kick in the world.  It made everything feel even more real and made me so happy.

1 comment:

  1. Yay Captain Hammer T-Shirt!!

    I'm glad you guys had fun on your trip

    ReplyDelete