Paul and I are going to be Jack and Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas. We went up to Utah last year for Halloween and didn't dress up. Sufjan Stevens was worth it but we really wanted to stay home and go all out for Halloween. Bo is on a mission so it is in part on his behalf as Halloween is his favorite holiday. I am making my own dress. I am sure it wont look to good, since I haven't touched a sewing machine in 10 years, but am excited to do it. We are having a murder mystery dinner party at our house, have trunk or treat, plus plan on passing out candy on Halloween night so I think it will all be well worth it. We even decorated a bit and made a lot of our own decorations so it has been a blast already. I will post pictures of everything in a few weeks.
New York City. Paul and I went to NYC a month ago. I know no one really reads this but I am going to do a post about it.
I have a lot of free time at work so I have decided that I am going to actually put this blog to use. I can only watch so much TV online everyday before going nuts.
Missions. I miss mine so much sometimes. I still dream about being a missionary. Is that weird? Sad? I think a little of both. Anyway, I am so blessed to have parents and a brother who are serving full time missions right now. I truly believe that we are just as blessed as they are for their service at this time. It is hard to have them gone when the family gets together but it really is going by so fast that I can't complain. Plus I think it was a healthy change for my relationship with my parents.
Home repairs. Paul and I did so much when we first moved into our house a year and a half ago that I think we got burnt out. I am on mission to get back to work. A lot still needs to be done. Plus I figure we will be there for awhile I might as well love it and get to work so I can enjoy it.
Amazing Race. I know it is a silly thing but every Sunday my family gets together to watch the Amazing Race. It is simple and just an hour but it is something I look forward to all week. It is just enough time to catch up and have fun but not get on each others nerves. Thank you CBS for bring the Jenkins Crew together once a week. This season I am cheering for the skateboarder team. They just have fun with it and love being able to be out in the world doing things. I would love to go on the show with Paul but am sure that will never happen. Oh well. I did dream about being on it last week. I guess that will have to do for now.
I definitely want to see an NYC post!
ReplyDeleteAnd I really hope that the murder mystery party goes well. I think it will be a lot of fun!