So top ten lists are cool but do you know what is cooler? Top nine lists so here I present to you the top 9 reasons why I run barefoot.
1.) "Running barefoot is so easy that even a caveman can do it."-Geico
2.) Why do so many people wear sandals? Maybe to feel the breeze, the grass and the sand brush against to top of your feet...so what do you have against the bottom of your feet, only the top benefit from sandals, so I am just giving my whole foot the experience of freedom that only the top of my feet have enjoyed for so long.
3.) Don't lie, y'all take off your shoes at the beach and in the grass...so just don't bring them.
4.) People stare, giggle and laugh at my new shoes, but hey, I am meeting new people and all I need for a conversation piece are my vibrams.
5.) When is the last time a stranger says that you made their day? Me it was last week when a bike security guard saw me running shoe less, after saying that I was freaking him out he said thanks, you just made my day. (mind you that was after a good conversation...so I don't even need the vibrams...see point 4)
6.) Running barefoot would obviously fill your feet with calluses, blisters and ugliness right? WRONG! My feet are suprisingly smooth and yes I have had 1 blister in the past 5 weeks but I also ran 9.5 miles so lets not blame it on the lack of shoes.
![]() |
| Adebe Bikila on his way to winning the gold metal. |
8.) The obvious question is how can that be good for you, well lets ask webmd shall we...
http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/news/20100127/barefoot-running-laced-with-health-benefits
BAM!
9.) Speed is an obvious factor in any type of running. I began running 5 weeks ago and ran a 5k in 56 minutes. Yes I know that is pretty pathetic, but as of October 19 2011 I ran a 5k in 30:57 so I may not be the fastest but my rate of improvement has come to make me believe that this whole barefoot thing can help. What do you think?
Any Questions?

No comments:
Post a Comment