Paul and I decided that we needed to go to NYC. Neither of us had ever been and felt like it was about time. We found an awesome deal on Expedia for a hotel room and flight so we booked it and went at the end of August. The hotel was Hotel Pennsylvania. It was a perfect location and was really nice for how cheap it was. Everyone told be the rooms in New York are small and not that nice so when we arrived I was super happy. It was clean, nice, in a great location, and had an awesome view. The first night we just walked around for hours. Stepping out onto the streets of New York City is empowering. It is huge. We absolutely loved it. We went to the Met, MOMA, Empire State Building, The Manhattan Temple, Central Park, Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, Serendipity, Wicked on Broadway, and so much more. We would go back in a heart beat. I don't think I would ever want to live there but would love to visit again. Below are some of the highlights from our trip. I hope you enjoy!
After hours and hours in the MET, which was not enough time, we walked a few blocks to an amazing Thai restaurant. On our way we bought this hat for Paul from a street vendor. I think he looks pretty good if I do say so myself. Walking the streets of neighborhoods was fun and just a totally different vibe. It was great to be able to see such different architecture and building designs than we are use to in Las Vegas.
After we saw Wicked, which was amazing, Paul suggested we go to Serendipity. I was surprised that he would even have thought of that. I am such a girl and have seen many chick flicks that include stopping in at Serendipity so when he suggested it I got super excited. It hadn't even crossed my mind. We ate a sandwich, a pasta salad, and yummy ice cream. All the food was fabulous not just the enormous ice cream.
This is a park across the street from the flat iron building. I thought it was a good shot and looked almost photo shopped. They were filming a movie while we were there but who knows what it was.
Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh. Paul and I are not artist but truly appreciate art. We were both in awe over the paintings, statues, and other pieces of art that we were able to see. Seeing things such as Starry Night made me feel a part of something larger than myself. We really loved the Museums we were able to go to. Next time we want to be able to go to the Guggenheim and The American Museum of Natural History.
Went to China Town and Little Italy. Ate in Little Italy at this cute little place that was delicious. I felt like even tough we ate hot dogs and pizza off the street, Thai, Italian, from little sandwich shops, Bubba Gumps and more that there was still so much unique food out there that we didn't get to try.
One World Trade Center. The monument hadn't opened yet but this building even incomplete is beautiful. I would love to visit it again when everything is complete and open.
I don't know why but I felt like I had to have seafood while in New York. We were trying to eat an assortment of foods while there. This is me with some crab legs at Bubba Gumps. I gave it 5 Stars!
Needless to say.....

Super fun! I definitely think we should go together sometime - I think that would be so fun.
ReplyDeleteI forgot to tell you last night - Tyler and I are going to San Francisco for my birthday! I'm super excited to visit a new place. I can't wait!!
That is awesome Ali. I have heard it is amazing but haven't been yet either. I am sure you guys will have, a blast. -Jolynn
ReplyDelete