Every first Sunday of the month someone in the Young Women's Presidency teaches all of the Young Women. This month was the First Counselor's turn but she was recently released so the President asked if I could fill in the day before while we were coming down from Girl's Camp.
I of course agreed and told her that I would probably just do a lesson out of Preach My Gospel since it is what I feel most comfortable teaching from thanks to my mission. After I got back to Vegas, showered and relaxed a minute I pulled out Preach My Gospel and didn't feel inspired as to what I should teach. Then I realized it was the first Sunday of July. Often I have heard of Relief Society, charities and other organizations celebrating Christmas in July and thought that is it. I didn't really know how to approach it but after listening to some Christmas music and talking with Paul I knew what direction I wanted to go in. Anyway I had always thought that Christmas in July was a weird concept but realized that people celebrate in this way because why not feel the awesomeness of Christmas twice in one year if you can. Then I thought about how everyday should be like Christmas.
After preparing the lesson for the girls I realized I was going to challenge not only them but also myself to celebrate Christ everyday in July. I am still working on how to best achieve this goal but I am trying to be more thoughtful of Christ, more charitable, kind and happy. I hope that after this month, Christmas in July, that it will be easier to have Christmas everyday. To feel that joy, love, peace and fun everyday. It doesn't get better then that.
I know that Christ lives. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is Christ's church restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith. This knowledge has changed my heart, my thoughts and my life forever. And I know it can do the same for you. Christ paid for all of our sins. All we have to do is accept him in our lives and repent. If we do these things we can live with God and our families forever. I share this belief and knowledge of truthfulness in the name of our Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment