
Long long ago in a month called May the Tatum and Knotek peeps of Paul and Tyler noticed that there was a movie marathon for Avengers movie. "Wow, that would be fun!" I said Tyler agreed but it was too long and not intriguing for the likes of us, so Tyler birthed a compromise, "if they do a marathon for the Batman movies, we have to go." And go we did.
What an adventure it was. Previously both Tyler and I had purchased Batman masks and capes and then on Thursday July 19 we showed up to the South Point Hotel and Casino ready for fun. A security guard saw my mask and made me take it off, swiftly followed by a few people booing the security guard, it was funny. So we got to our theater and waited. Batman Begins started without previews, and the fun began.
The story of Batman Begins is solid and allows to get to know Bruce Wayne very well. The character development was great and the action was exciting. I give the movie a 4 out of 5 stars. Scarecrow is freaky, and Ra's Al Ghul, which in Arabic means "Head of the Demon" is captivating and believable.Then that movie ended followed by a 20-30 minute bathroom break and then The Dark Knight began. You all remember that movie, Heath Ledger as the Joker, Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent/ Two-Face, brilliant and nightmare inducing. The movie was just as good as I remember it being, and I was just getting more and more excited about the premiere of the new movie, midnight was fast approaching. I give the movie 5 out of 5 stars.
Midnight. Lights darken, movie starts. Happiness
ensues. The movie is fantastic, the masked Bane is thrilling, scary and an impressive follow-up to the Joker. "So you think the dark is your ally? I was born in it, molded by it. The first time I saw the light I was already a man and it was nothing but bright. The shadows betray you because they belong to me!" Followed quickly by "Oh, I was wondering what was going to break first, your spirit...or your body!" Bane was brilliant. The movie was amazing and it ended perfectly. You never realize how well these characters had been developed in these movies, and how perfectly intertwined they actually are until you watch them all together. Jolynn cried, not teared up, like full on cried, the movie was that good. I give it 5 out of 5 five stars and I give the trilogy 6 out of 5 star. An amazing evening. Go see it, now!
No comments:
Post a Comment