
The Sokol's + 48 Hours = Vegas! I love when my sister Jacquelynn and her husband Jeff come into town. Jeff is a Las Vegas tourist junky and makes every trip here count, down to the last minute.
They got into town Thursday afternoon and we started the festivities right away. Paul and I already had plans to go to the Dark Knight Marathon but wanted to meet up with them before hand. We met at Sammy's L.A. Pastrami and caught up with each other while downing some 502 fries and the best shake you will ever have.
Friday we slept in a bit but as soon as we got up we were up and at it again. We met up with the Sokols and Mitra at Firefly, an amazing Spanish Tapas Restaurant. My favorite: stuffed dates.
After lunch Jeff, Paul and I rushed out to run to the Aria to get dessert. Once done we made it just in time to my parents house to babysit, Emily (Jack's youngest) and Asher (Mitra's son), while they went to their friends sealing.
After the sealing we went to In-N-Out before heading over to the reception that Jack did the flowers for. It was a bit awkward cause Paul and I weren't invited and we were there a half hour early. Anyway after the entrance of the couple which made me extremely uncomfortable, which is rare, and getting some free food Jeff, Paul and I rushed out yet again leaving Jacquelynn time to spend with her girlfriends. We headed out to Hoover Dam to see the bridge. At first we crossed it and it was super anticlimactic but then we drove down to the Dam and were able to get a good view of it. The bridge is huge and I love the arched architecture of the bridge. We took a few pictures then headed back to pick up Jacquelynn and the baby.

Once back at my parents we changed so that we could head downtown. It was extremely hot but the frozen banana I got was well worth it. Tons of people were down there so it was packed and really too hot to be there. After we got the frozen bananas and the deep fried food we walked down to get shrimp cocktails. It was a big blow to find out that the Golden Gate Hotel no longer served our beloved shrimp cocktails. It had been years since we last got them but it seriously was so sad.
Saturday morning Paul had to work but I got up and met the Sokols at the Green Valley Ranch buffet. Yes, I know what you are thinking we ate a ton of food in a very short period of time. And as fun as it was by the end of lunch I had to run to the bathroom and exploded. It was gross but all well worth it. It was sad to say goodbye but I am excited for the next time they come in town. Jeff knows how to do Vegas like no other!
No comments:
Post a Comment